Clean & Seal®
Why Clean & Seal?
INTERCEPTION OF PERI-IMPLANT AND PERIODONTAL DISEASES
The Clean & Seal concept, which was developed based on scientific data [1, 2], provides guidance and support for the interception of peri-implant and periodontal diseases. It allows clinicians to save the tooth or implants and prevent the further development of the peri-implant or periodontal disease, which helps to further prevent larger procedures required to rebuild tissue.
Periodontitis, peri-implant mucositis, and peri-implantitis are bacterial inflammations with similar symptoms. The underlying cause of all three indications, which progress in a similar way, is bacterial plaque forming a biofilm, rich in pathogenic bacteria.
The softening of the biofilm and effective elimination of the bacteria is the key prerequisite for successful treatment of these conditions .
With regard to peri-implant diseases, they are divided into two subgroups: peri-implant mucositis [1-3], which is characterized by soft tissue inflammation without bone loss, and peri-implantitis, which is characterized by progressive loss of the supporting bone . If left untreated, in the worst-case, peri-implantitis can result in the loss of the affected implant. This problem is relatively new to clinicians and dissatisfying for patients. It is of great importance to treat peri-implant disease at an early stage, with infection control and extensive debridement being crucial for positive treatment outcomes [1, 2]. The likelihood of success is further increased by the supportive application of sealing agents for protection and regenerative support and by regular follow-up to monitor and control inflammation .
What makes Clean & Seal special?
Cleaning effect with Perisolv:
- Softening of the extracellular matrix of the biofilm
- Enhancing bacterial removal by mechanical debridement
- Elimination of the biofilm
Sealing effect with Hyadent BG:
- Attracts blood and stabilizes coagulum to support tissue regeneration
- Bacteriostatic effect to provide protection to cleaned site
- Growth factors attracted by hyaluronic acid
- Coordinates inflammation and accelerates angiogenesis
What is Clean & Seal?
Clean & Seal is a treatment protocol to tackle mucositis by erasing the biofilm with Perisolv and securing sustainable healing of the soft tissues with Hyadent BG.
How to use Clean & Seal?
How does Clean & Seal work?
Treatment of mucositis by Dr Marisa Roncati with Perisolv and Hyadent BG
- Jepsen S et al. Primary prevention of periimplantitis: managing periimplant mucositis. J Clin Periodontol 2015; 42(Suppl. 16): S152-S157. doi: 10.1111/jcpe.12369.
- Costa FO et al. Peri-implant disease in subjects with and without preventive maintenance: a 5-year follow-up. J Clin Periodontol 2012; 39(2): 173-183. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-051X.2011.01819.x.
- Heitz-Mayfield LJ and Salvi GE. Peri-implant mucositis. J Periodontol 2018; 89(Suppl 1): S257-S266. doi: 10.1002/JPER.16-0488.
- Berglundh T et al. Peri-implant diseases and conditions: Consensus report of workgroup 4 of the 2017 World Workshop on the Classification of Periodontal and Peri-Implant Diseases and Conditions. J Periodontol 2018; 89(Suppl 1): S313-S318. doi: 10.1002/JPER.17-0739.
- Jurczyk K et al. In-vitro activity of sodium-hypochlorite gel on bacteria associated with periodontitis. Clin Oral Investig 2016; 20(8): 2165-2173. doi: 10.1007/s00784-016-1711-9.
- Pirnazar P et al. Bacteriostatic effects of hyaluronic acid. J Periodontol 1999; 70(4): 370-374. doi: 10.1902/jop.19126.96.36.1990.
- Engstrom PE et al. The effect of hyaluronan on bone and soft tissue and immune response in wound healing. J Periodontol 2001; 72(9): 1192-1200. doi:10.1902/jop.2000.72.9.1192.
- Asparuhova M et al. Activity of two hyaluronan preparations on primary human oral fibroblasts. J Periodontal Res 2018; 54(1): 33-45. doi: 10.1111/jre.12602.
- Longaker T et al. Studies in fetal wound healing. V. A prolonged presence of hyaluronic acid characterizes fetal wound fluid. Ann Surg 1991; 213(4): 292-296. doi: 10.1097/00000658-199104000-00003.
- Mast BA et al. Hyaluronic Acid Modulates Proliferation, Collagen and Protein Synthesis of Cultured Fetal Fibroblasts. Matrix 1993; 13(6): 441-446. doi: 10.1016/s0934-8832(11)80110-1.
- Iorio-Siciliano V, Ramaglia L, Isola G, Blasi A, Salvi GE, Sculean A. Changes in clinical parameters following adjunctive local sodium hypochlorite gel in minimally invasive nonsurgical therapy (MINST) of periodontal pockets: a 6-month randomized controlled clinical trial. Clin Oral Investig. 2021 Mar 9. doi: 10.1007/s00784-021-03841-8. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33687555.
Bone substitute for volume stable remodeling
Dental regeneration for soft and hard tissues
Effective treatment peri-implant / periodontal disease
Resorbable barrier membrane
Biofilm eraser against peri-implant / periodontal diseases