Corp Forum of Cross-linked hyaluronic acid in oral reconstructive procedures Virginie Monnet Corti, Prof Anton Sculean, Prof Darko Bozic, Dr Georges Khoury September 15, 2022 in Palais du Pharo, Marseille, France.
About the event
Hyaluronic acid (HyA), an anionic, non-sulfated glycosaminoglycan structured biomolecule, is a major natural component of the extracellular matrix in many tissues including the skin, joints, eyes, and periodontium. Physiochemically and biologically, HyA is hygroscopic, viscoelastic, bacteriostatic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-edematous. It significantly stimulates clot formation, induces angiogenesis, and increases osteogenesis.
A novel high molecular, cross-linked formulation (xHyA) has recently been shown to enhance the proliferative, migratory and wound healing properties of cell types involved in soft tissue wound healing following regenerative periodontal surgery, induces the growth of osteoprogenitors and maintains their stemness, thus potentially regulating the balance between self-renewal and differentiation during bone regeneration following reconstructive oral surgeries.
The aim of the present symposium is to summarize, in three consecutive lectures, the current biologic and clinical evidence on the use of cross-linked hyaluronic acid gel in various oral reconstructive surgical procedures.
The available evidence from preclinical and clinical studies indicates that :
- xHyA promotes periodontal wound healing/regeneration in intrabony-, recession and furcation defects and improves the outcomes of regenerative surgery in intrabony defects and recession coverage procedures.
- The combination of xHyA with various types of bone grafting materials may additionally improve the outcomes of regenerative periodontal surgery in complex clinical scenarios.
- Very recent clinical observations have also pointed to the potential clinical benefit of using xHyA in Guided Bone Regeneration (GBR).
Price : Entry fee at the CED – IADR congress
Corp Forum is during 3 day(s) from September 15, 2022 to September 15, 2022.
It start at 10:30 AM.
- Lecture 1: Prof Anton Sculean
Cross-linked hyaluronic acid: biologic background and clinical outlook in periodontal therapy
- Lecture 2: Prof Darko Bozic
Periodontal regeneration in intrabony defects with a combined approach of cross-linked hyaluronic acid gel and xenograft.
- Lecture 3: Dr Georges Khoury
Is cross-linked hyaluronic acid a successful molecule for a successful GBR
Informations about location
Palais du Pharo